Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Am For RH BILL!

I proudly am wearing an IUD inside me-- yes, because Senator Sotto, I cannot train my eggs to dodge my husband's very fertile sperm, and yes, because we are comfortable with a family of 5. My husband and I likes to have sex like any other couple out there, whenever we can escape from the kids in the wee hours of morning or sneak a quickie in the shower. We schedule it when it's convenient to us, because with a schedule as hectic as ours, we can't "schedule" according to when I'm ovulating or not--- otherwise, I would have been separated by now due to lack of sex. However, no matter how "hot" we both are, we aren't crazy enough to breed like rabbits and leave the the part to whether God decides to fertilise my eggs or not. Our children didn't ask to be born into this world. We caused them to be born into this cruel, cruel world. Therefore, obviously the right thing to do is to provide for them. We don't leave the fate of our children's food, education and shelter to the hands of the government  or the church. We don't have free meals, free education, free housing-- none of those things. We actually are the ones who put money into the government through the taxes we pay, and the "abuloy" we give to the Church. Now in this cruel, cruel world where only God can save us from ourselves, we need to step up to save ourselves from the lies of our very own Church.

It hasn't always been this way. I used to follow the Church's reproductive program based on natural family planning methods. Not because I was ignorant nor crazy. It was because I was tired of having to miss pills and spin my hormones out of control from my own doing. I felt I was young and didn't really need it, because we only had two kids and life was good. I thought, with the egging of my local parish catechists, who swore by their apos that this method works and in between lines like, "God will not give you a child until you're ready" and "In His time." Boom! Pregnant as a whale after nine months. The natural family planning method does not work, you have your living proof right here.

Upon giving birth to my third son, I decided to take the guesswork out of my uterus, sucked it in and gave in to a fairly simple procedure of having an IUD.

You may say that the RH Bill is just one of the many laws we have out there, think again. Our system, although badly broken, can still be repaired. The population problem is one key problem, and it is a class problem. It's a product of not having laws to protect mothers from ignorance and give them the tools they need to make a decision for themselves. It's a problem for too many, that existing policies are not enough to address it, unless a clear-cut law is made, where steps are taken to get that law into place. If more moms are given the education to dispel old wives' myths about contraception, and the opportunities to have an IUD, pills or an injectable without fear, more children will have a better quality of life with their mom who can keep her sanity, and father earning low wages to provide for three, and not nine children. And if the Church can please stop interfering with state policies, then maybe I would listen. Not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...