Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Peice of World War II Philippines in Corregidor



There's so much I don't know about history being told closer to the truth than what is in my crappy public school textbooks that I became suddenly grateful to my Kasaysayan 1 class. My brother, JB, is a war history enthusiast, which is a product of playing too much video games (he actually has high marks in his history classes when it comes to WW's because of Band of Brothers). He speaks about it with much fervor, which I don't really care about, being not a fan of war and death.

So this trip to Corregidor was awesome! Being immersed in a place filled with so much history, war and death was a total experience. Here am I camwhoring for all ya peeps to see... Hahaha!

Arriving in style courtesy of this fabulous ride...Mini-cannons which can conquer right about to 8 kilometers...

The famous mile-long barracks.. I was in awe with this building!


And this is what you call trespassing (I don't know if people are allowed to go up and down the structurally unsound ruins but no one is looking so.. camwhore!)

At the battery.. and not the one we use for charging, okay? :D.


Leaving by the ferry.. My goodness, even if you aren't prone to seasickness, you'll get one I swear....
I got what I paid for and more. For more information about the Corregidor cruises, contact Sun Cruises at CCP Ferry Terminal. Lemme look up the phone number, alright? More to come!

1 comment:

  1. when selfie was "camwhoring" haha!
    gusto ko din pumunta dyan!

    -fedhz

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...