Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Manila Ocean Park "Jellies" Jellyfish Show 2012

Jellyfishes are my least favourite sea creatures because they're the most annoying things underwater. They sting, they breed during summer just when the beach is filled with swimmers, and they never fail to give me a mini-heart attack whenever on my skin diving trips, I turn around to find a jellyfish smack right in front of my goggles. Their very behaviour of not knowing where to go, not having a semi-permanent address and just floating aimlessly on the surface of the water makes puts them on top of my "sinister little buggers" list.


Yet, jellyfishes are one of the most magical, graceful things to watch underwater. The way their bodies pump water in and out of their bodies is a constant source of fascination, even for people like me, who doesn't like them.


They are beautiful, and sometimes even fatally beautiful. Some of the deadliest animals in the world are jellyfishes--- the box jellyfish or Australian sea wasp, the Irukandji jellyfish and the Portugese Man of War. However some are harmless and you can even pick up with gloves and some you can actually eat, as I've tried jellyfish doused in vinegar from my home province in Banga, Aklan.


Classical music plays on the background, in sync with the whimsical moving jellies

Tickets to the jellyfish show cost P150/head. You save money by buying by the packages. Be careful to bring small children as the whole attraction is very dark and relies on the illumination provided by the tanks. The exit/restroom is not even obvious so you need a little time to navigate through the attraction. Have fun on your visit to the Manila Ocean Park!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...