Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Bourne Legacy Exclusive Screening at The Podium


This post is long delayed, I know. :) I got two invites to watch The Bourne Legacy starring Jeremy Renner, Ed Norton  and Rachel Weisz in The Podium Mall, courtesy of Sumo Sam. Sumo Sam launched their cinema ad with this exclusive screening, and I must say they did an amazing job. Owner Marvin Agustin was there himself to welcome guests and introduce the newest ad for Sumo Sam. 


Although The Bourne Legacy elicited from me mixed reactions, actors Norton, Renner and Weisz undeniably gave a great job in leading the cast. It's mind-blowing to watch Manila in its Hollywood form, the unsightly shanties made of light materials harmonized the mix-match of Renner and Weisz like they really didn't belong there.

The chase scene that lasted only a few moments was completely justifiable, as one cannot possibly make a drag race out of Manila's horrible traffic. The indigenous use of the Philippine's current economic state like profitable business outsourcing of multinationals to the country, and the use of the local jeepney and motorcycles put so much realism in the film. The ending was lacking, it could have used a little more airtime than a brief 10 seconds of panning the El Nido scenery. They could have played on the Renner-Weisz loveteam a little more, ending up in some remote island where they can live in total peace and harmony. But that's just me and happy endings. :) 

I dragged my friend, Carlo Guison to watch with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Magnanakaw!!!!! hahahahaa LOL! Thanks for this bessie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...