Monday, July 30, 2012

Figaro Avalanche of Flavors Starts Today!

Figaro is one of my top favorite coffee shops in the Philippines. It helps that there's a Figaro right across where I live, and that it has fast and free wi-fi. More than anything, it's the community experience that keeps me coming back. Even if I bring my three children along to do homework in the cafe, we always feel welcomed by the baristas and the patrons are usually familiar faces in the neighborhood. The baristas know me by name and offers good suggestions when I can't figure out what to eat by myself. LOL. Sorry, too much of an endorsement, I know. But with the many times has my sanity been saved by a casual couple of hours I spend at Figaro Kapitolyo makes me a loyal customer to this Filipino company that promotes our country from crop to cup.

Figaro launches its newest line of delectable beverages that tickles the sweet tooth in you! It's an Avalanche of Flavors starting August 1 in your favorite Figaro branches. I had first dibs on the exquisite taste of Figaro's new line at the Shangrila Plaza Mall. It's also the first time Figaro is serving their ice-blended drinks in 20oz (Php 150) and of course, the usual 16 ounce (P130php).


First up, the heavenly White Chocolate Mocha Frost. Unlike any other white chocolate drink I've ever had, the white chocolate can really be tasted--- without the coffee overpowering it. This tastes lighter, yet really creamy and flavorful. It's not that sweet, and it will go very well with pasta or a sandwich. It is topped with whipped cream and with white chocolate sprinkles. This was my favorite among the drinks served that night.


Next is the Choco Chips Java Frost, with a strong chocolate flavor-- almost tablea-like, with less the creaminess and more of the chocolate. It's a beauty in its own, topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips.


Don't you agree everything Oreo spells a sure hit, in kids and adults alike? The Figaroccino Cookie Crumble with Oreos is basically mocha with blended Oreos. The crunch gives this mocha drink an exciting twist for those wanting more fun in their usual figaro frost.


And last but not the least, the all-caramel goodness of Figarocinno Caramel Chips Frost! The caramel fan that I fell in love with a sip. Texture-heavy with all the caramel bits blended in the drink, as well as sprinkled on top of the whipped cream. 


All drinks were a refreshing compliment to dinner such as the Chicken Barbecue with Chili Sauce and Fish Fillet with Pesto served that night. I loved that both dishes was served with a generous siding of vegetables that makes it nutritionally complete meal in itself.



They also introduced to us new cakes that pairs their fine coffee, frost and milk tea. The carrot cake is moist with just the right sweetness, made interesting by the crunchy almond bits. The cream cheese drizzled by caramel provided a salty contrast to the sweetness of the cake-- and an eye-candy too!


The Orange Coffee Cake is a soft sponge cake lightly flavored with orange. I find it similar to rhum cake sans the syrupy base, just touches of coffee swirls in the dough. The cake base won't give you a toothache at all. It's best paired with black coffee in my opinion. Photo courtesy of www.jobonsol.net


All will be available in all Figaro stores nationwide starting July 30, 2012.  For more updates and branches, visit www.figarocoffee.com and like the FB page of Figaro at  https://www.facebook.com/figarocoffeecompany

Outtakes: Enjoyed this dinner with the fantabulous Mommy Jo of Cogito Ergo Sum, Figaro's PR Manager, Annesy del Mundo, Mr. Pogi Winner John Callueng, Rod Magaru, Chinnie, Ruth MommyWrites and other popular bloggers. I also had the pleasure to meet the Yogini From Manila


Thanks for dropping by my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...