Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Social Media Summit 2012 at the Bayanihan Center, Pasig

I do believe things are falling in place beautifully for me. I started this blog writing personal posts on motherhood, to vent and to share the most mundane things running inside my head. Now it looks like I'm going full-throttle into social media marketing. I'm handling several projects now, with other projects underway. More than ever, I am convinced I can make a career out of being naturally chismis-savvy. Social media is the platform for it, and it is here to stay. It's a wonderful surprise to have been selected by Unilab to attend the Social Media Summit 2012 happening at the Bayanihan Center in Pasig City tomorrow. It's so awesome that it's just on the street across where I live. It's a full-day event from 7am to 5:30pm, so I believe it's going to be intense. I have a thousand questions on my mind, content-wise my own little blog can use a little direction. I also have many apprehensions about up to what part of me I'm willing to put out there in the world wide web. I'm an advocate of thinking before you click--- people nowadays shoot the most curious things on their social media sites. The internet is a democracy, however, we have to be careful with what we post as it is a reflection of who we are and what we stand for. 

Social Media Summit 2012 Philippines


Here are the presentations lined up for the event.
  • Social Media, what? : Understanding social media  by Norman Agatep, (Euro RSCG Managing Director and Chief Creative Officer
  • Hu u? Hus dis?: Understanding the Digital Pinoy  by Tony Ahn, Tony Ahn & Co. Managing Director and GeiserMaclang Head of Digital Services
  • Tara let’s! Taking on the digital journey with consumers : Phases of engaging the digital consumer by Aileen Dalisay, Tribal Managing Director
  • Diving into Social Media : Developing the digital strategy for your brandby Donald Patrick Lim (McCann MRM Managing Director
  • Panel dicussion – You have 1M fans? Now what? : How to market your brands on Facebook and Twitter
  • Panel Discussion –  Your online BFF: Blogger Friend or Foe?  Partnering with bloggers as message advocates 
  • The Online Tambayan: Driving conversations through forums by Michael Palacios, PinoyExchange Founder and General Manager, Havoc Digital Managing Director
Family comes first for me, this work allows me to stay at home with my children most part of the day. The time I only leave the house is when I have meetings and events. What I want to take the most out of this seminar are: developing my online brand, separating my personal life from my blogging life, finding the right outlets and tools to gather a large digital market, and creating a sustainable strategy for the brands I'm handling now. Like any other normal job out there, consistency is key. Just looking at this syllabus makes me so thrilled. I'm going to need a lot of brain cells tomorrow! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...