Friday, April 8, 2011

Chatime Pioneer Center Opens!

If there's one thing I love more than my husband, it's milk tea. As opposed to soda and other high-calorie drinks, tea has endless health benefits and a classic taste enjoyed whether cold or hot. (Though it's a different case with bubble teas.) Imagine my joy when Chatime opened in our neighborhood, finally, a milk tea place! With over 415 branches worldwide, it's only a matter of time before they proliferate on Philippine shores. Actually, I've come to realize that if ever I do relocate to the provinces, it will be hard to get my milk tea fix! I would have to travel all the way to Manila??? Duh. The matter's settled then. Hahaha!

Miguel and I checked it out in one of our grocery trips to Pioneer Center. Parking is FREE and not a problem, so this is so going to be very attractive to those who want a relaxing, comfy place to chill out with a date, meetup with friends or work on your laptops. They have free wi-fi.


Update: I got a message from Chatime's Facebook Page that they have a Buy 1 Get 1 Free Promo between 12-2pm on their official opening tomorrow, April 9 until Friday! Great lunch idea, I say!




Image from Fridate http://fridate.blogspot.com/

The shop is still on its soft opening, and the sibling-owners are still manning the counters, training staff and I found it nice that they were courteously greeting customers. It's a plus for me, because I don't go back to shops and restos who have grumpy owners. :-D A lot of Mandarin was going on, I assume they're Taiwanese trainors?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The cozy interiors encourage you to stay a while and literally take a break from everyday stresses. Lol. I know I can be over-dramatic at times. I loved the ginormous ultra-soft white sofas. I just don't know how the chicness will handle young kids (like the one I brought along.  Pictured below, I stopped Miggy from standing on the spanking new couch because the table was too high for kids.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This famous Taiwanese pop milk tea chain boasts of a wide selection of milk tea variations. So wide it took me some time to order but told myself that I will figure out the other drinks later and just try the basic pearl milk tea. I cannot base judgment on one drink alone, so I will reserve judgment on future visits.



Sooo many pearls! Pearls are love.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can customize your toppings to your liking and  choose your sugar and ice options. Prices are reasonable, as most drinks are below P100. They pay attention to the consistency and taste of the tea they use, as well as the toppings being just right. This is the second Chatime branch to open, the first is at Banawe Avenue, Quezon City. They have another one opening up at Landmark Makati Bridgeway.



Chatime can be found at Pioneer Center Supermarket, Pioneer Street cor. United, Pasig City

Disclaimer: Paid for my drinks. Nothing to disclose.

3 comments:

  1. Psst! The images overlapped the content column

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes tea is a low calorie beverage. but milk tea with the bubbles is NOT. however good it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i agree. the best people can do is to ask for less or no sugar at all. :D why is it that the tastiest is often the most sinful? let me correct the post. :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...