Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Little Project

I have just come back from a three-week trip to Bicol. I tugged along my youngest, Matt, on a long journey to reach the town of Castilla in Sorsogon. I have since served as photographer to a local JS prom, went to some "sayawan" on weekends where all the young town folk gather to see some chics, went swimming numerous times to a nearby natural cold spring pool, had a fun day at Cagsua ruins, and made many trips to Legazpi, Daraga and Sorsogon cities on chores. I have yet to go to Donsol for sighting whale sharks and Matnog for some white-sand island hopping. I'll reserve that for another post.

I have an ongoing project (and hopefully, only until today because I want the hardware bills to stop, seriously) on my husband E's house, we're adding a new bathroom to the house. And I made sure it's gigantuar. Scrimping on space made little sense in the province, and I know a lot about that living in the city.

The house is proudly a product of husband sweat and tears from a loan from his previous employer. It is still unfinished, just the bare to house the family. It is modestly sized, with a nice, spacious living room great for kids. Someday, this will be cement-finished, will be sparkling with new paint, an extended dining area at the back, extra rooms and a nice, big balcony.

Okay, I might as well show you how it's made.

Did I miss facebook? Na! Hahaha.

After fixing markers on where and how the bathroom should look like, I had a local tambay dig a hole for us for P700. First we dig a hole. It was about 10-12 feet high.




Yup, this is where all the yucky, gross things go. Things we don't want to see or smell. Hahaha.
Then, support is installed along its sides to make sure the soil doesn't cave in. Hollow blocks and iron rods were put in place and left to dry. Afterwards, bamboo shoots and plywood were placed to hold support for the cement finish on top of the septic tank. And voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...