Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fiesta!

It was fiesta when we visited my folks' place at Fairview. I took the opportunity to let the kids experience true-blue "peryahan," or a small barangay carnival, I really don't have an English word for it. :p I have great memories of the cheap thrills that comes along with going to "peryas." Back in the day, bets for "hulog-barya" or that game where you throw coins that must fit in squares on a board to win prizes was only 25 cents. Pellet gun stalls went for just P5 per magazine of 12. Now, it's P15. Rides cost only 10php. I was surprised ride tickets were sold at only P20. I haven't been in a carnival since college and that was when Pasiklab 2000 was still in Philcoa and we'd drop by after rehearsals from Dulaang UP.














We ate cheap popcorn and cotton candy


Someone got a bingo! See Kuya making a thumbs up (meaning the bingo was good)





P400 pesos later, check out my prize from throwing coins!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...