Thursday, June 16, 2011

Manila Full Lunar Eclipse of June 16th

For what it's worth, I took photos of the incredibly fascinating full lunar eclipse this morning. The sky was clear with little clouds, the moon was full, very bright. It was soooo beautiful! I did not plan to go out but glad I did. I haven't sky-grazed in a while. :)


Now, these are totally pathetic, lame, my point and shoot camera took and the moon looked like a sad pen light. Here was the moon shining and twinkling and turning into a Transformers movie and I wished I had a better camera. But I cannot resist taking souvenir photos of myself witnessing this awesomeness. Wait, does wishing on eclipses instead of shooting stars count too? :-) (I still love my Panasonic LX5 though, this is still the BEST PARTY CAMERA ever. How people manage to get drunk in parties and go home with DSLRs in one piece is beyond my understanding. Right, Ton?)


Scroll at the last part of the page to see better images captured by a friend, Jerwin Pastoral. You can view his facebook gallery here.


The earth slowly "biting" into the moon. All the twinkling and staring made my eyes hurt. Hahaha.
It was like a big star fighting the big black darkness. Awesome. 


Half-bite


Viewing the eclipse from the balcony 



Quarter-bite



Nearly done! 


I am the lone moongazer on our street



Please excuse my half-asleep, just-got-out-of-bed beauty hahaha. I think given this is my blog, I can praise myself and I can delete all violet reactions hahaha.


Well, maybe except for the lone cab that dropped off a neighbor. Oh, just found out that he's the manager of Republiq in Resorts World. He leaves around 3pm and goes home at 3pm.


Everybody's sleeping





FULL LUNAR ECLIPSE! 



Now compare that with Jerwin's taken with a Canon SX30 IS . 100x - 140x 















Of course, Google has a waaay better version of the eclipse





And their special doodle
Google Lunar Eclipse Doodle
Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...