Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Persian Kabab

Throwing all dieting sensibilities aside, here am I and my gayest bestfriend, Carlo, at my favorite Persian food diner, Persian Kabab at Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong. It is seriously the cheapest Persian restaurant in existence. Even cheaper than on-the-go shawarma food stalls. You see, I have a love-hate relationship with Persian food. I enjoy eating it but after that I just want to barf it all out. Whatever things they put in there doesn't sit well with my stomach. I don't know if it's the spice or the yogurt shake or the garlic mayonnaise. The ONLY shawarma that doesn't hurt me is Tri-Mo Shawarma at Lagro, Quezon City but that one isn't even authentic. It's more Filipino. We had the place to ourselves. The server was super sleepy and assumed sleeping mode position on the sofa inside the restaurant, but she was fun. Can't blame her, we were the only customers, this day being a Monday dawn.













After all the beef, ox brains, hummus and spicy mayo that we had, we knew that we needed something else to hold down the acids gurgling in our tummies. We went straight to McDonalds and had some hot chocolate and more acid fries.





Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...