Friday, June 10, 2011

Quarter Life Crisis Manifesto

When I was younger, I thought I would have figured everything out by 25. I thought 25 was OLD. I envisioned myself being the best that I could be, without fears and insecurities. And now that I am 25,  indeed in my quarter-life, it feels like I am only at the beginning of this big roller coaster ride, and I begin to wonder where I'll be in a year or two. It's only been a few years since I entered "the real world" and I sometimes worry if I can handle all the stresses and uncertainties a person is required of to "grow up." This transition to adulthood brings up a lot of anxieties, like financial independence, choosing a career, starting a family and aging!


In this process of discovering myself, I am beginning to understand what I want and do not want. I learned to embrace change, and to take this as a time of opportunity of adventure and exploration. I may have a lot of down days, but I'll take heart and treat this as a part of growing up. To put my best foot forward, I will make sure that I put out my best self and inspire positivity and build my life step by step. A lot of exciting  things happen everyday, and  I have no choice but to move forward or stay where I am.


My appearance has also started to change, my first gray hairs, putting on a lot of extra weight, lines and crow's eyes, rough skin texture, sagging skin, dullness, open pores, dry skin and age spots! These can hamper my confidence.


Together with a happier disposition, healthy living and self-enrichment, I am less insecure, and I feel like I can take on any challenge that gets my way. I feel less in a rush and I lea rn to enjoy each day. I know that I still have long years ahead, and I pray that I can take on the challenges that will come to me someday.


I am currently battling with obesity and it is not an easy journey. I'm afraid that with the pounds I melt away, my skin will become really saggy, especially in the face, neck, tummy and arm areas. I am not wishing for supermodel-firm skin. I just want to improve what I already have. Do you have any suggestions for me?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Manila Hot Stuff! I read your post with great interest and yes, there is a lot you can do to help you reach your health goals quickly and in a manner that is sustainable to you. I am a fully certified Health and Wellness Coach and Life Coach and specialize in the 'quarter life crisis' client, empowering them to get over big adjustments of young adulthood, overcoming obstacles and putting together a personal 'toolkit' to last a lifetime. I lost 30 pounds at age 21 and kept it off since then, through a lifetime of ups and downs, not to mention 3 kids! If would be great to have a Discovery Call with you, no obligation, so we can already start to get those breakthrough results and tap into your individual strengths and values. My websites are all totally under construction at this time, just by chance, I've restructured after 7 years in Health Coaching and am in the midst of that. You could simply 'google' my name and see what comes up for you in my other activities. Contact me to set up your call! Looking forward, Best, from Tatiana Abend, BodyVision Health Coaching

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...